Monday, August 18, 2008
He Leaves...
...Monday. Yup, it's less than a week away. He got the final go ahead from his surgeon today. Do I need bother saying I cried when I heard that? Yeah I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. Heck I would cry when he would leave to go work at the airport in Victorville for a couple weeks while we were at Irwin. The only difference there was I could drive an hour and a half and go visit him whenever I wanted. So being apart really isn't anything new for us. It's just never been this far apart. Anyway the next few days are going to be busy with getting things packed and ready to go. I'm doing my best to stay strong. As long as you don't ask me how I'm doing, I'm ok. Once you ask that, the tears start coming. We'll be ok though. This is all supposed to happen this way for a reason. Once I figure out what that reason is, I'll let ya know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ashley,
I know what it's like to have the one you love overseas. It's not easy most of the time, and I'm sorry you have to do it alone in Japan. Make friends at church and keep yourself as busy as you can. Anything to keep your mind off Ben. I'll pray for you to have extra strength. Write me about it anytime. I'm here for you, all the way in Chicago. It's not so bad looking back....but that doesn't help you any.
Love you!
Jenny Benson (Glauser)
YOu are stronger than you think you are...but all that being said...it stinks. WE LOVE YOU! (you are both in our prayers)
Post a Comment