Thursday, June 18, 2009
Have You Been Drinking, Ma'am?
Apparently we have a problem with people drinking and driving here. In the past 36 hours, I've had to do a breathalyzer test twice. Not because I was pulled over for driving like a crazy person, but because they do them as you go on and off post. They are supposed to be "random". Yeah, uh huh. In the past month and a half, maybe two months, I've done a total of 5 or 6 tests. I made it a whole year here before having to do my first one, and then I ended up doing two in the same day. Same trip! I was on my way home from work over at the elementary school, so like 230/300 in the afternoon. I had to do one as I left SHA (the housing area about 10 minutes from the main post) and then I had to do it again to get on post at Zama. Seriously?! I still had my name badge on from the school. Do I look like I've been drinking?!?! Then yesterday it was like 11 am, and today it was about 8 pm. I don't remember what time the other ones were. And it's not like I can say "no, I'm not going to do it." Well I could, but then I'd get in trouble, they'd take away my driver's license and I wouldn't be able to drive here for the rest of the time that I'm here. (Although that might not be so bad... :P ) But it's not like I have anything to hide. So I'll continue to roll my eyes when I see them standing at the gate, ask the MP doing it: "seriously, again?!?!", and blow on their dumb little sensor and everyone will be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Totally agree. I like to pretend I don't know how to do it everytime they ask me. It takes a few mintues for them to explain and causes a huge chaos in the line to get in. Usually they wave me through when they see me coming :)
In their defense, it is a HUGE problem here and I would much rather them do it every day and catch those people than let the losers hurt someone on the road.
P.S -- Abby loves to dance to the music on your blog. She be jammin.
Maybe you should act a little crazy when you get out of the car...
Post a Comment