Wednesday, October 07, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring

For those that haven't heard, Typhoon Melor is headed straight for Japan. As of right now, it is mapped to pass us by about 70 miles or so. Which means lots of wind, lots of rain, and hopefully not lots of damage. I think we're all set though, and I'm really not too concerned. We've got our 72-hour kit together, plenty of food and bottled water, extra batteries. The patio set, grill, and garbage cans are all strapped down to the fence so they shouldn't go anywhere. The car is topped off with gas. And we've got plenty to do around the house. Things should be ok. I'm not too worried about flooding or anything (at least at our house) since we live on the top of a nice hill. I'm pretty confident we'll be ok. It's still kinda surreal to me though. This is the first place I've ever lived where we actually have to worry about natural disasters. Nothing really happens in Idaho (at least in the Boise area), and we supposedly had earthquakes at Ft Irwin, but they were never felt like we feel them here. Here in Japan we have to worry about earthquakes and typhoons. It's kinda crazy to think about. We're always told to have our emergency kits/supplies ready, but I will admit I never really paid much attention to that until we moved here. And hopefully I won't have to use it, but in case I do you can all rest assured that we are prepared. I'll keep you updated on what happens.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I'm going to spend my night blogging and watch TV. So basically not much is different.