Sunday, November 01, 2009
November Already?!?!
I realized I hadn't updated my blog for like a month so I guess it's time to play "Month-In-Review". Nothing really happened. There ya go! :) Just kidding, sorta. We really didn't have anything happen. We had the "typhoon" (aka wind and rain) at the beginning of the month. Ben had most of the month off to recover from his shoulder surgery. He just went back to work last week. The first time he's really had to go to work since coming home 3 months ago. It's been great having him around. Even being sick and hurt. He is slowly getting better though. His shoulder is doing alright. He's ahead of schedule for where is range of motion should be, which is good. He starts the strength training part of physical therapy this week, but I think we're gonna take it a kinda slow just to make sure he doesn't re injure it in the process. We're happy to report that he hasn't had any kidney stones in the past month. He's on like 5 different pills for it, but they are working so he's not complaining too much. He still has the pain in his side, but we still don't have any answers there yet. It was getting better for a while, probably because he was all drugged up for his shoulder, but it's starting to not do so well again. Hopefully we figure it out one of these days. Anyway, he's back to work and doing alright. As soon as he got back they made him the Training Room NCO. Meaning he's in charge of that particular area. He gets to make all the schedules, and I don't know what else. But stuff is getting done because that's what happens when he's in charge. :) He has to attend a class in Hawaii in January. Oh darn! We're gonna try and find someone to watch the dogs and I'll get on a military flight and meet him there. We're excited for that trip! As for me, I haven't been up to much. I've worked a few days here and there, but not really a whole lot. Not nearly as much as I was last spring. It's been alright though. Since Ben was home, it wasn't like I was sitting here doing nothing. Then I got my new calling in Primary which I think I mentioned before. We had the Primary Program last week (I got to sit with the Sunbeams), and then yesterday I officially started my job. I'm the new primary chorister. I think it'll be great, but I really have no idea what I'm doing right now. Yeah, I can get up there and wave my arm around, but I'm at a loss when it comes to planning which songs to do, how to teach them, etc. Then I get mixed messages as to what I'm supposed to do. The Primary President says to just do what I want, but her counselor (who has been around longer) says/thinks we should be working on these certain songs. So I'm kinda confused. We're having a Presidency meeting tomorrow (because I guess I'm kinda the Secretary by default too) so hopefully I'll have a better idea as to what I'm supposed to be doing. But if anyone out there has any tips or advice I'm more than open to them. :) What else happened this month... Oh, we got a new washer and dryer. New to us anyway. The heating element on the dryer went out and the washer was making the clothes stink. I'm not sure what was causing the washer to do that. Some bad connections that got moldy maybe? But regardless we have a new washer and dryer and it's so much easier to do laundry when I can get it all done in one day because it doesn't take 3+ hours to get a small load of clothes dry. So that was pretty much our month. We didn't really do anything for Halloween. We "carved pumpkins". Kinda. Japanese pumpkins just aren't the same as American ones. They aren't as slimy and the inside is just different so you try to carve it and it kinda just falls apart. :( I miss going to the pumpkin patch and getting humongous pumpkins with my family. Oh well. I did hand out candy to the few trick or treaters we had, all 20 we had. So it wasn't a very exciting night. Much like the rest of the month- not very exciting. November will be better though. We'll be home for Thanksgiving. I'm counting down the days! I can't wait! We'll be home soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was fun seeing you today :)
I thought of you a lot when we were carving our pumpkins. It was fun to have you with us last year. We miss you! I'll send you an email with thoughts on Primary Chorister.
Post a Comment