Monday, March 08, 2010

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cookin'?

Every now and then I get in what I call a "cooking mood." Meaning I want to try new recipes and make something special. Saturday was one of those days. So what did I make? I made a homemade lasagna and cheesecake.

I thought it turned out pretty good. It was missing a little something, and I'm not quite sure what that was, but it was still good.

I served a Caesar Salad, garlic bread, berry blue jello with fruit, and sparkling cider. Ben asked what the special occasion was. Can't I just make a nice dinner every now and then?

I made a New York style cheesecake for dessert. This was my first time making this kind. I've made the no bake kind before, but was a little nervous about this one. I was really happy with how it turned out though. There were a few small cracks in the top, but it didn't stick to the sides of the pan, the color was great, and it set up really well. Didn't care for the crust, as it was a little soggy, but over all it was fantastic!


Doesn't that just look yummy?! I'm very pleased and proud of how it turned out. Speaking of which I think I may have some here in a minute...

Just a few other things that I've been cooking up lately... homemade chicken noodle soup. It's so much better than the store bought canned stuff. It's usually just the chicken, noodles, and carrots. Once in a while I'll add some celery, but Ben doesn't care for that really, so I don't add it very often. Also sloppy joes. I have a fantastic recipe from my grandma that we love! It's super easy and so good. I made it the last time we had some friends over and they loved it too. We like to change it up a little bit though. Instead of putting it on hamburger buns, we put it over mashed potatoes and top it with cheese. YUM! I love cooking!

2 comments:

Steve & Lynne said...

Looks yummy Ashley! You can come over anytime and cook for us! How about tonight? ;) (If only you were closer!!)

Denise said...

You can bring that cheesecake over here! I do leftovers!