Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Surgery
Sorry, no fun title for this one. This is just a quick note before I go to bed. Ben's surgery went well. It took just under 2 hours. I talked to the dr afterwards and again tonight. He showed me the pics and what exactly he did. Everything looked pretty much normal, other than this epiplocy thing and his spleen is kinda enlarged (we don't know why). But he removed the epiplocy, but because of the location of it, which was litteraly right next to the bowl, he decided to admit him for the night just for observation. He's doing alright. Hurting, but that's to be expected. It's still kinda early to tell if this is going to fix everything. Hopefully it does. The thing was right where the pain has been, so we're crossing our fingers. We have our post-op appt next week, after the biopsy results get back from path. The dr said it's benign, but just to make sure. But that's where we are right now. I'm sorry if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's after midnight, I'm tired, my emotions have been on the fritz all day, and I really just need a hug. So I'm gonna go to bed now and hopefully feel better in the morning. I'll keep you guys updated as he improves and if we find out anything new. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughs. They are appreciated. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to hear Ben's surgery went well and he's on the mend. We look forward to having you back soon.
Hope he has a speedy recovery and that all is well with both of you!
HOpe he's through the woods and beack to feeling like himself... the pain free version.
Here's a hug-- come on, try to feel it! Love you both! Keep updating us--
Post a Comment