Sunday, May 02, 2010

I Ate What?!?!


Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends. We ended up going to one of those restaurants where you order whatever kind of meat you want, they bring it out, and you cook it right there in the middle of your table. It's actually a lot of fun. Since it was a Japanese place, the menus were all in Japanese. It's a good thing one of our friends grew up here in Japan, so she was able to translate and order for us. Not sure the ordering part was such a good idea though... :)

It all looks decent, right? And for the most part it was. She only ordered a couple questionable things. Most of it was different pieces of beef, chicken, and veggies. Look at that picture above though. In the upper left hand corner. Can you guess what that is? It's tongue. Cow tongue. As disgusting as that sounds, it was alright. Not saying I would eat it again, but it wasn't horrid.

This one on the other hand I will NEVER eat again. It's beef hormone. Yeah, hormones. Like those things that make women all crazy for that one week a month. Apparently it's supposed to help with collagen or something. It's disgusting though. It's all chewy and slimy and yuck! It's one of those things you try chewing but you can't really so you just end up swallowing it whole. Makes me gag a bit just thinking about it.

Dessert on the other hand was fantastic! The smaller little ice creams came with the meal, and I ordered the sundae separately. It was pretty good. It's a place I like eating and the prices are decent. And it wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be for a Friday night. All in all it was a fun night. :)

No comments: