I had my 10-12 week appointment this morning. Everything looks great! The doc did an ultrasound and we got to see our little alien for the first time. :) I was so excited to post the pictures, but they printed out really dark so you can't really see the baby. :( Totally bummed about that. But things do look good. The baby is quite the acrobat and didn't like being poked, giving the doc some trouble measuring it. It was kinda funny. I can only imagine how active it's going to be once I can actually feel it moving around. But judging from the measurements he did take, I'm about 11 weeks. We went in thinking I was about 10 w/ 5 d so we weren't too far off. And actually this is about where I thought I was originally. I had been tracking my BBT and everything daily so I had a pretty good idea of when it happened. And I was right! Not that it's a huge deal, it's like a 2 day difference. And they didn't change my due date or anything, so I'm still due 15 September.
It's really starting to sink in now that I'm going to be a mommy after seeing our little one today. I mean it's still kind of surreal, just because after trying for so long it finally happened and I really haven't felt much different. I really haven't had any morning sickness. Nausea once in a while, but never to the point of actually throwing up. (Ben's actually been sicker than I have.) I haven't put on any weight yet. In fact, I weighed -.6 lbs less than I did at my first appointment when I did all my paperwork and everything. That one surprised me since we just got back from 3 weeks in Hawaii where we eating out most of the time. I mean really my only complaints are I'm always tired and I feel like I have a constantly stuffy nose, which I'm told is pretty normal. Not very fun, but it's not really much to complain about. It could be a lot worse. But in reality I've had it pretty easy. :)
We are still super excited though. We are slowly getting all the baby stuff we need. We finally found a diaper bag we liked and got some cute gender neutral clothes while we were in Hawaii. I want to start stocking up on other necessities like diapers and stuff, but we'll wait until after we move for that (which by the way, we are moving to Hawaii for those that haven't heard but I'll make that a separate post in the near future. We're still waiting on some more info...).
So all in all, things look good and we're excited. It's crazy to think I'm pretty much through the first trimester. Hopefully things continue to go as well as they have been. :)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Of course, I'm a terrible facebookers, so I had no idea! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys, and your little one. He/she will be getting a great family!
Post a Comment