Friday, July 22, 2011

32 Weeks





It's hard to believe we're almost there! We're down to single digit weeks! Things are still going great. As of my appointment last week (at 31 weeks) everything still looks good. Kaylin's heart rate was in the 130's, I measured 32 cm (so a week bigger than where I was), and I've put on a total of about 15 lbs total since the beginning of the pregnancy. The only concern was my blood pressure was a bit high. I haven't had problems with it during pregnancy, it's actually been really good, but I have had problems with it being high in the past. The doctor wanted to get it checked out to make sure it was just the stress of Ben being in the hospital rather than preeclampsia that had caused it to go up. So she ordered some lab work and had me go up to labor and delivery and have them check it since I was going to be up there anyway with Ben. I guess she wanted me to go get it done the same day, but didn't make that very clear so I did it a couple days later. Oops! Everything was fine though. I went over and they hooked me up to all the monitors- the blood pressure cuff, the one that checks baby's heart rate, and the one that checks for contractions. The first blood pressure reading they did was a little high, so they had me lay on my side and the rest of them were great after that. Kaylin wasn't as cooperative though. The nurse was able to find her heartbeat right away, but as soon as he took his gloves off she moved off the monitor. She did that a few times. She kept rolling around and kicking the monitor. Stubborn little girl! But in the end everything looked great. Her heart rate was good, my blood pressure was good, all my lab work looked good, and I wasn't having any contractions. So it was probably just the stress of everything that had been going on with Ben that had my blood pressure up. Guess I just need to learn to relax... Easier said than done, I know. Haha!



We can't wait to meet our little girl though! She already has quite the personality. She doesn't like to share mommy's tummy. Whether it's monitors at the doctor's office, my cell phone, the puppies laying on it, or daddy touching or laying on it, she doesn't like sharing and will kick or hit whatever is there. She does like playing with daddy though. He knows exactly how to get her to move when she's sitting too low or has a foot or elbow in an uncomfortable place, and how to wake her up once she does settle down. I love how excited he is for his little girl! He's going to be such a great daddy! :)

No comments: