Here we are at 38 weeks! It's only a matter of time now. As of my appointment yesterday, things are progressing the way they should. The doctor went ahead and checked me- Kaylin has dropped and I was at 1 cm and 60%. She also massaged the cervix a little bit and holy crap that was uncomfortable! (I'm wondering if it helped a little bit though as I've had some contractions and a bit of cramping today.) She was impressed that I am already at that point seeing how I'm only 38 weeks and this is my first baby. But hey, I'll take it. Hopefully that means baby will come sooner than later. :) I also got the results of my GBS (Group B Strep) test back... it came back positive. Basically all that means is that I'll have to receive antibiotics once I get to the hospital. It doesn't cause any problems for me, but it can make baby pretty sick if it gets passed to her during birth. We shouldn't have to worry about that though.
All in all things are still going well though. I'm really ready to have this baby. I'm tired of always being tired (though I don't expect that to change once she's here), I'm tired of my feet being so swollen all the time (it doesn't matter what I do, the swelling doesn't really get any better), I'm tired of the heartburn (even though she's dropped, her long legs are still up in my stomach and ribs), I'm tired of not being able to sleep at night (it's nearly impossible to get comfortable and I don't remember the last night I didn't have to get up to pee at least once), and we're just ready for her to be here. We've got the nursery all set up, the bassinet in our room ready, the diaper bag packed for her, my hospital bag mostly packed, and the car seat in the car. Now we just need a baby! Haha! I just have to keep telling myself she'll be here soon. It's just a matter of time. :)
Just a quick update on Ben... He's doing about the same. Still hurts all the time. He's been back to "work" for 2 weeks now, and it hasn't helped the pain. Usually makes it worse in fact. Doing PT in the mornings (even just the limited stuff he can do) and standing in formation in the afternoon just hurts him more. His doctor gave him a profile so that he doesn't have to do PT and go to any morning formations before 0800 until after his spinal cord stimulator trial. That was supposed to happen on the 9th, but they had to move it to the 16th. I guess they have to do it in the OR now instead of the treatment suite they've been doing it in. Gah! So it will be another week that he'll be hurting. It's been a bit of a mess trying to get this done, but hopefully it will help. Even just a little relief will be great. We're not thrilled with the timing though... seeing how I'm due the 15th... Makes me hope even more that Kaylin will decide to come early. I think it will be slightly less stressful if she's here by the time this happens instead of coming during the middle of the trial. We'll see though. I know everything will work out the way it should. I keep telling myself that. I just wish I had a bit more control over it. Haha!

2 comments:
We're praying for all three of you. When you get a second, will you email me your new mailing address...I want to send a little something for Kaylin. :) Hang in there-- you've waited a long time for this-- and she's almost here-- Tell ben we are sorry he has to deal with so much and for so long--and are hoping for the best and soon.
Good luck Ashley! I'm glad that they are putting you on the antibiotics. Had I been on them with Lilia we could have saved ourselves a LOT of drama.
Post a Comment