Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter was pretty quite around here.  We went to church and heard a nice Easter Sacrament program.  I was a bit confused when we started singing Christmas hymns in April, but then realized that the program was covering the whole life of Christ, not just the resurrection.  It was a nice reminder that this season isn't just about his death, but really his whole life.

Of course we couldn't have Easter and not color eggs.  I found the dye at Walmart, and really got it just for the stickers.  Who wouldn't want to open up the fridge and see a dozen eggs looking back at them?! Haha!  We ended up having dinner with some friends.  We had planned on doing the traditional ham and everything, but they invited us over at church so we went there.  It's always nice to have someone to spend holidays with. So we went over there and had homemade lasagna.  Visited and watched a couple movies, and just had an enjoyable time.  We've kind of had a hard time making friends over here, so it was nice to have some friends we could go hang out with. 

 We also did some Easter baskets.  Mommy and Daddy's baskets just had some candy in them.  And Kaylin's had some bubbles, a new swimsuit, some little swimmers diapers, and a little floaty tube that we can take to the beach and pool for her to sit in.

I think she liked the basket the best... Although she does love the bubbles.  She likes watching them float across the room and popping them when the land on the carpet.  And she looks pretty cute in her swimsuit.  So now we just need it to stop raining so we can go to the beach one of these days...
And I can't forget her dress.  Isn't she gorgeous?! She got a lot of compliments on it at church.  I wanted to take some pictures of her outside on the "grass" but it was raining.  So maybe one of these days if the sun decides to shine again we'll have a photo shoot outside.
Although it was a quiet holiday, it is one I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his sacrifice for me.  I'm not perfect, but through Him I can be.  I know He lives.  I have felt His love and comfort many times, especially in the past year with all we've been through, and I am so grateful for that.  I don't know what I would do without that love. It's such a comfort to know that there is someone who understands my feelings and what we are going through. I love my Savior!

1 comment:

Sommer Family said...

I've been such a slacker friend! I haven't even told you CONGRATULATIONS! Katelyn is beautiful and I loved catching up on your life, especially your Easter thoughts.