Friday, October 24, 2008

Decorating

Even though my week was crazy busy, I did find some time to do a little decorating for Halloween. It's really nothing special. But seeing how Halloween is in a week, I wanted to do something. I've had a hard time finding things I liked, as the selection here isn't big at all, but I did find a few things while I was down at Yokosuka. So now I'm feeling a little more in the Halloween spirit. =)

The front door

My pumpkins... I found these "accessories" at Yokosuka. They are like Mr. Potato Head pieces for pumpkins. Way cute, and no where near as messy as carving pumpkins. It comes with the 3 different sets, so you get to mix and match to make your faces. They had a set that was puppy dog faces too, but I liked the monster ones better. =)

Smokey had to check and make sure they were ok.

Then for bookclub Wednesday night, I made these eyeball cupcakes. Everyone got a kick out of them. And they are so easy and fun to make.

So now that I've got my decorations up, I guess I should decide on a costume. Again, not a huge selection, so I'm gonna have to get creative. I'll let ya know what I come up with. =)

No comments: