They may look all sweet and innocent, but don't let that fool you. These two are driving me crazy! I'm sure a big part of it is just them adjusting to Ben being gone too. They are constantly wrestling and chasing each other around the house. (Which is kinda funny since all the floors are tile so they slide all over.) They are extremely protective. They don't like people walking past the house outside, and hate it even more when I have company over. Don't get me wrong, it's good that they are protective, but barking at the neighbors when they walk out their door to their car seems a little excessive. I have to lock them outside when people come over. They've started snapping at and trying to bite people too. That concerns me a little bit. For example, I took Misty to the vet Friday because one of the nails on her dew claw had grown into the pad. So I took her up to get it taken care of. That didn't go over so well. It took me and the vet to hold her down while the tech clipped her nails and cleaned up the wound. She tried biting both the vet and the tech's faces. We had to muzzle her so she wouldn't bite them and do any serious damage. And I know, they don't like their feet touched. That's not the point. I took both of them in yesterday for a check up so they could be released from quarantine. (Yay! We no longer have to worry about that!) I hate taking them to the vet. It's even worse when I have to take them by myself. They are both really strong, and I have a hard time controlling both of them at the same time. Luckily, there weren't any other dogs there at the time which made it a little easier. But being the pains they are, when we went back to the exam room, we couldn't keep them in there together. The vet was trying to check Smokey but he didn't want to cooperate and Misty kept growling and getting in the way. So I left Smokey in there with the vet and stood outside the door with Misty. When he was done, we switched and I stood outside with Smokey. As I was talking to the receptionist, the vet comes walking out holding Misty's harness and leash. Dumb girl slipped out of her harness. So I left Smokey with the receptionist and went back and put Misty's harness back on her. Then as we were walking out to the waiting room, Misty tried biting the vet's feet! What the heck?! My little timid girl sure has found her mean side. I have to leave them outside when I leave the house too. Otherwise they sit there and whine and climb in the window and get on the couch as soon as I lock the door. First, with them climbing in the window, I'm afraid they will knock the TV over. When I come home, they like to see who can get closest to the edge of the window, which is behind the TV. Yeah, not gonna be very happy if they knock that over. Second, I hate the dogs on the furniture. I don't even let them sleep on the bed with me anymore. Ben got them in the habit of getting up on the bed at night, but being the mean mom I am, I don't let them do that anymore. I hate sleeping in dog hair. That's just me though. They still sleep in the bedroom, just on the floor at the foot of the bed on their pillow. So maybe part of their problem is I don't spoil them like Dad does. I don't let them sleep on the bed, I don't feed them scraps off my dinner plate, I'm just so mean! I'm not going to reward them for misbehaving and driving me crazy though.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Don't Be Fooled
They may look all sweet and innocent, but don't let that fool you. These two are driving me crazy! I'm sure a big part of it is just them adjusting to Ben being gone too. They are constantly wrestling and chasing each other around the house. (Which is kinda funny since all the floors are tile so they slide all over.) They are extremely protective. They don't like people walking past the house outside, and hate it even more when I have company over. Don't get me wrong, it's good that they are protective, but barking at the neighbors when they walk out their door to their car seems a little excessive. I have to lock them outside when people come over. They've started snapping at and trying to bite people too. That concerns me a little bit. For example, I took Misty to the vet Friday because one of the nails on her dew claw had grown into the pad. So I took her up to get it taken care of. That didn't go over so well. It took me and the vet to hold her down while the tech clipped her nails and cleaned up the wound. She tried biting both the vet and the tech's faces. We had to muzzle her so she wouldn't bite them and do any serious damage. And I know, they don't like their feet touched. That's not the point. I took both of them in yesterday for a check up so they could be released from quarantine. (Yay! We no longer have to worry about that!) I hate taking them to the vet. It's even worse when I have to take them by myself. They are both really strong, and I have a hard time controlling both of them at the same time. Luckily, there weren't any other dogs there at the time which made it a little easier. But being the pains they are, when we went back to the exam room, we couldn't keep them in there together. The vet was trying to check Smokey but he didn't want to cooperate and Misty kept growling and getting in the way. So I left Smokey in there with the vet and stood outside the door with Misty. When he was done, we switched and I stood outside with Smokey. As I was talking to the receptionist, the vet comes walking out holding Misty's harness and leash. Dumb girl slipped out of her harness. So I left Smokey with the receptionist and went back and put Misty's harness back on her. Then as we were walking out to the waiting room, Misty tried biting the vet's feet! What the heck?! My little timid girl sure has found her mean side. I have to leave them outside when I leave the house too. Otherwise they sit there and whine and climb in the window and get on the couch as soon as I lock the door. First, with them climbing in the window, I'm afraid they will knock the TV over. When I come home, they like to see who can get closest to the edge of the window, which is behind the TV. Yeah, not gonna be very happy if they knock that over. Second, I hate the dogs on the furniture. I don't even let them sleep on the bed with me anymore. Ben got them in the habit of getting up on the bed at night, but being the mean mom I am, I don't let them do that anymore. I hate sleeping in dog hair. That's just me though. They still sleep in the bedroom, just on the floor at the foot of the bed on their pillow. So maybe part of their problem is I don't spoil them like Dad does. I don't let them sleep on the bed, I don't feed them scraps off my dinner plate, I'm just so mean! I'm not going to reward them for misbehaving and driving me crazy though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They are a lot of work-- but oh those faces---
Post a Comment