Friday, March 20, 2009

M&M Bowling

For our youth combined activity this week we met down at the bowling alley and had some fun. I so wish I had a video camera! This wasn't your ordinary bowling game. We had bags of M&M's and before you bowled you had to choose a color. Each color had a different technique assigned to it, which goes as follows:

Blue: Backwards
Orange: Granny Style
Yellow: Eyes Closed (You could walk up to the line with them open, but had to close them before you threw the ball.)
Brown: Heaviest Ball (15 or 16 lbs)
Red: One leg
Green: Bowl with your opposite hand

Needless to say, most of the scores weren't very high. We only bowled the first 5 frames using the crazy styles, and the second 5 we bowled normally. It was fun though. The kids really got into it, and so did the branch president. What an entertaining night!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I totally had fun. We should do it again sometime. I'm sure we could get even more creative with the 'styles.'

Holly said...

that sounds really fun-- I passed the idea onto my friends in YW callings.

Holly said...

Just had to tell you that I am so happy thinking about you and BEN being together...have a fun R&R

J. Benson said...

Hey Ashley, I am coming up with some ideas of what to make you for that craft I promised. If you have any requests, let me know and also, will you let me know what colors you like or I should use. I want to make it to match what you already have in your home. Not something you'll hate.

Jenny Benson