Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Redecorating

One of the things I do like about my husband being deployed is the extra money. Granted I would rather have him home with me, but the money has been nice. We've been doing pretty good lately having gotten bills paid off and putting some away in savings. So it was nice when Ben came home and we had some extra to play with. And boy did we play!

We've been looking for a new table for a while and we finally found one! It's nice and tall so it doesn't feel like your plate is in your lap. It's super heavy though. The table top alone is about 120 lbs. Ugh, such a pain putting it together. We love it though. It's a beautiful table. And we got it on sale, which makes it even better. We also got a new entertainment center. Not the most kid friendly one, but it looks really good. I've actually had my eye on it for a while, and showed it to Ben when he got home and he loved it too so we bought it. I'm not sure that I really like it in front of the window, but it's really the only place to put it and leave the front room feeling open and big. But it works, and it's gonna stay there for now because there is no way I could move it by myself.

We also got a surround sound system. Sorry, no pictures of that. It's been super nice though. Ben has wanted one for a while, and we finally found a good deal on one that we liked. It's got an ipod dock too so I can listen to my music while I clean house or whatever which is nice since there's never anything on tv and I like to have the background noise.

So that was our splurging. Ok we did get a few other things like a custom made suit for Ben which he looks way good in (wish I had gotten a picture before he left), and a new blender/mixer for the kitchen, and some games for the wii. Most of it was on sale though, and I was able to use my deployed spouses appreciation discount (which is 10% off at the PX and other various discounts around post). And better yet, we still have money left over!

1 comment:

J. Benson said...

It's fun getting new things isn't it. Until the money runs out.... Your right thought, the extra money is nice, but having him home is better.