Sunday, June 28, 2009

Free Bowling Thursdays

Every Thursday the bowling alley has free bowling from 3-close. It's supposed to be for "family time", but it's not often you actually see families there. At least not when I've been there. You'll see a few, but it's mostly just kids. Anyway, that's not the point of this post. There have been many Thursdays where I would meet up with Maryl and the kids and we'd head down for a game or two. I was really sad when I realized this past Thursday was going to be our last time going together. They PCS next week, which is depressing in and of itself (for me anyway). But I did remember my camera this week, so here's a few shots of our fun bowling trip.

I think this is the one of the best pictures I have ever gotten of Tate. She was just chillin' while we got our shoes and balls and everything ready.
Who needs bowling shoes when you've got these cool bright pink crocs?!?!

Calum is one great little bowler. He's so funny. Maryl is trying to teach him the concept of running and throwing the ball so it doesn't take an hour to get down the lane. Well he got the running part down, but then he gets to the line and basically just drops the ball. It did have a little more speed that way I guess.
Tate thought it was her turn next. And I'm pretty sure she was thinking "I don't need Mom's help" as she climbed over the sign that says "Parents, please assist your children."


I did manage to pull off a win, by 2 pins. Maryl and I were tied the last few frames, and it was the very last ball that decided the winner. I will admit we did use the bumpers, but I didn't need their help much this game. I'm slowly getting better. Still do better on the Wii, but hey, I think actual bowling is still more fun. =)

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sad Maryl is leaving. What ever will we do on Tuesdays?

Sommer Family said...

Great post! Great pictures! But it does rather make me want to cry all the same. We are going to miss you so much!