Monday, August 03, 2009

Home for Good

I know, Ben's been home almost a week and I'm just now updating the blog. It's been so great having him home and we've really been enjoying our time together again. He left Germany Tuesday night and arrived in Japan Wednesday morning. His battalion here was able to set up a special van that took me down to the airport to pick him up. So not only did I not have to pay any of the tolls, I didn't have to drive either. Words can't even explain how happy I was to see him there. It took us longer than expected to get there so he had been waiting for a little bit, but not too long. He is feeling somewhat better. Not fantastic, but not bad enough to be in the hospital either. (Not right now anyway) We spent 2 hours with the doctor here on post Thursday morning, and got the referral put in for Urology. We are still waiting on the biopsy results from the last colonoscopy and depending on what they say, will determine if/when they put in a referral for Gastroenterology. Just from the pics they took during it, most of the inflammation had gone away and everything looked pretty normal. So we really don't know what's going on. He's been hurting again the past couple days, but we've got another dr appt set up so we'll see what they say then. We both thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers on our behalf though. It really is appreciated. Hopefully he continues getting better. He went back to work today. He can't do anything (dr's orders), so it's really more for accountability. But he's basically just supposed to take it easy for the next little while. We'll keep you updated if anything else comes up though.

No comments: