Friday, November 06, 2009
Sweet Peaceful Feeling
Have you ever noticed that when you are trying your hardest to be your best, that's when Satan is working extra hard to make you fail? I sure felt that way tonight. The first Friday of every month is our scheduled Branch Temple Trip, and Ben and I made the effort to go. It wasn't without some hassle and trouble though. We had to get new temple recommends as our old ones were expired, so we were scheduled to meet with a member of the District Presidency before the session. With our District (Stake) being so spread out (literally from one end of Japan to the other), meeting with a member of the District Presidency isn't always the easiest to arrange. But we had it set up to meet at the temple and just do the interviews there. The plan was to take the bus down that leaves from Zama that they have set up just for us. Well, that didn't happen. Ben had let his command know Monday that he needed to be off early Friday so he could be back in time. They said it shouldn't be a problem, but wouldn't know for sure until Friday. Well, that never sounds good. And guess what, it wasn't. His commander didn't let him leave until about 445, we were supposed to get on the bus at 500, and it's a good 30-45 minute drive from where he works to the house. So I ran down to where they were meeting, let the Elder's Quorum President know we wouldn't be on the bus, but we'd take the train and get there as soon as we could. I ran back home and got everything ready so that as soon as Ben got home all he had to do was change and we were out the door. He got home about 510/515 and we were out the door by 530, but then we had to walk down to the train station which is a good 10 minute walk. We missed the train we needed to be on so we had to adjust our route a little bit. We got there without much trouble though. We were supposed to have our interviews at 645. We didn't get to the temple until about 710/715, and the session started at 730. So we kinda rushed through the interviews, and hurried to change. Somehow we made it there on time. And let's just say, it was what I needed. I've needed to go for a while now, and just being there in that special place with the one I love, I really couldn't have asked for more. Ok I could have asked for a little more time to just sit there and soak it all in, but we were taking the bus back so we couldn't sit there all night. It was such a sweet peaceful feeling though. To sit there in the Celestial Room with Ben, not having all the noise and stress of the outside world pounding on us. It's really an indescribable feeling. The temple is such a blessing though. We are so lucky to live so close (only about an hour away) and we're going to make it a point to go more often. Our next trip will be when we go home for Thanksgiving and I can't wait. What a great feeling! I'm loving this Spiritual High right now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am SO happy for you guys (and pretty impressed by your dedication!) So glad things worked out and you were able to go to the session on time.
We'll do a double date there soon :)
What a great post! You had me tearing up. I'm so happy for you guys. I wish we could make it a triple date!
Post a Comment