Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Cooking

Christmas here was pretty quiet for us. Just us and the dogs. We had invited some friends over to share a big dinner with us, but no one showed up. I can't say I was totally disappointed (although I was a little) just because both Ben and I haven't been feeling the greatest lately. But we still made a big feast for the two of us. Ben made the turkey, and I'm glad he did. He is so amazing in the kitchen.

Isn't it beautiful?! It was delicious! We bought a 26 lb turkey since we were expecting to share it with 5 other people. Needless to say we'll be eating turkey leftovers for the next month. ;)

I also tried my hand at pie making. I think this was the first fruit pie I've made, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself.

It's a Cherry-Berry Peach Pie. Made with cherries, peaches and blueberries, and I made it all by myself- crust and all! Ok so I used a pie crust cookie cutter type thing to make the snowflake on the top, but I think it turned out pretty nice. And it tastes pretty yummy too! :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

That pie looks awesome! Wish we got an invite -- I would have shown up and ate it all myself :)

Sommer Family said...

Dido on Denise!