Sunday, December 27, 2009

Paging Dr. House...

I wish Dr House was a real doctor that I could take my husband to. He's not doing so well again. He's been hurting so much that we ended up going down to Yokota after church this afternoon to go to the Urgent care clinic. Zama doesn't have any real emergency care, so if we went there they would have sent us to a Japanese hospital and I didn't feel like dealing with that. So we made the hour and a half drive down to the Air Force base to see what they could do. Yeah, that was a waste of a trip. Yeah they got us in quick, but that was about all they did quick. They really didn't do anything for him. The dr looked at his medical record, said we can't give you any narcotics (because his dr down in Okinawa said not to), so here's some "liquid ibuprofen" and follow up with your dr at Zama tomorrow. Umm, yeah, thanks for nothing! They didn't do anything that helped with the pain, let alone try to figure out why he's having pain. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is. He's been hurting for the past 6, almost 7, months and we still don't know why. And we can't find a dr who will do anything about it. I think our choices right now are to go back down to Okinawa, and have the dr there cut him open and see if he can find anything. And also start really looking into getting a medical reassignment and heading back to the states where he can see actual drs. Preferably at Madigan (Ft Lewis Washington) or Tripler (in Hawaii). I don't know how easy that's going to be though. But it would be so nice to take him to a civilian dr where they might actually do something to try and figure out what's causing the pain other than just trying to treat the symptoms. I'm so tired of seeing my man hurt as much as he does. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I hear ya Ash. I know you two have been dealing with this for months and the military just isn't doing right by you two. I really hope answers come soon. He seemed to be feeling better before he met this new doctor? Or was it just becoming normal for him and is now worse?

-Cahan

Denise said...

BOO! Wish there was something I could do to help. Have you thought of talking to Brother Harwood. He might have some answers for you.

Sommer Family said...

What an awful ordeal! Let us know if you need a lawyer!