Monday, January 25, 2010

Adventures at Costco

I went to the Costco that is not far from here for the first time today. And amazingly enough, it was very similar to the stores in the states. I went in search of a cake for our FRG meeting later this week and some new pillows for the dogs. I found a cake. It has pink and purple hearts on it because all the other ones said "Happy Birthday". I didn't find a dog pillow though. They had some beds, but they were kinda small and I don't think the dogs would lay in them anyway. They had some blankets too, but we decided we're just going to make our own. So all I got was the cake and a bag of dinner rolls just because they looked good. Overall, the prices were alright. A little more expensive than the states. For example, a dozen muffins cost about $9. But some stuff seemed to be priced alright. It was nice to see so many "American" things too. Even the check out lines were short. I did have a slight problem when trying to use my card. I had to fill out an "International Card" form, but was still able to purchase my items so it all worked out. We got lunch as we left (Chicken bakes and mango smoothies) which were pretty good. I think I may have a new favorite drink. :) My only complaint is that they don't take credit cards. Ok, they take American Express, but not Visa or MasterCard. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but oh well. It was a fun trip though. Can't say I'll do a whole lot of shopping there, but I'm sure we'll be back.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Let us know when you go back. Too much fun! This time we'll make sure the cake is safeguarded!