Sunday, March 14, 2010
All About Time
I went back down to Yokosuka this past Thursday to see my OB/GYN to see if we could come up with a reason for me not being able to get pregnant. The answer... we just need to get the timing right. From all the blood work and few various tests I've had done, everything is pretty much normal. I'm ovulating on my own (well kinda, with the help of the Metformin I'm on for my PCOS), and because I'm tracking my BBT every morning I can usually judge when that time of month is. So there is no reason for me to take the Clomid, which I'm ok with. It's really just about getting the timing right. I'm sure I don't have to explain this for most of you out there, but this is how it was explained to me... There is a very small time window each month in which it can happen. A 12-24 hour period to be exact, which is partly why it's so difficult. And granted a guy's little swimmers can last up to 3 days inside, that doesn't always guarantee anything. So with such a small time frame, a woman only has about an 80% chance of getting pregnant in a whole year. Meaning out of 100 women that try, only about 80 will succeed. That doesn't sound too promising. But anyway, so there's not really anything else we can do right now except keep trying. I mentioned to my dr how frustrating it is, seeing how we've been trying for 4 years, and every time I turn around I see another pregnant lady or brand new baby. They make it look so easy! But she reminded me that in those 4 years, I wasn't ovulating regularly which didn't help. And then you have to think of the year that Ben was deployed. So really we've only been "trying" since August. But it's still frustrating nonetheless. I guess now the plan is to just keep doing what we're doing. The ideas of further fertility treatments and adoption have kind of been put on the back burner for now. At least in my mind. We'll keep trying on our own for a little while longer and if it still doesn't happen we'll go from there. I'm crossing my fingers it just happens though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know how that is. We tried for a year, when I finally decided to try ovulation testing and that really helps. If you can get a pack of 20 and dip it yourself, you can test every day of the month and know when you're ovulating.
I know how you feel. It is all about timing, both your body and Heavenly Father's timing. I have PCOS too (I wonder if there is a correlation between our parents having diabetes and us having PCOS?...hmm). We felt the time was right to start a family and we were fortunate to get pregnant without going on clomid. I know plenty of women who have been on clomid and gotten pregnant right away, but I wanted to use clomid as the last resort. Keep with the temps and stay on the metformin and it will happen for you two! There are many success stories one way or another and know this is a trial that both you and Ben need to go through to be amazing people, a strong marriage and great parents! I would encourage once you get pregant to stay on the metformin throughout the first trimester sinse there is a high miscarriage rate with women with PCOS. That scared me to death since we had tried so hard and then were successful but then to think we could loose this baby. Keep having faith and know Heavenly Father is watching over you two. We will pray for you guys and if you need anything, let me know! Love ya!
When we're trying we try every single day. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And let me tell you it gets very, very boring and tedious. UGH. Who ever thought I would feel that way? We can contest that even every single day doesn't always work, which is frankly just crazy. What are the freaking odds?
We are trying Ash and let me tell you, it is very frustrating when you see a lot of people getting or having babies but you have to remember that God knows when and if you are going to concive. It is all up to Him and it doesn't make it any easier but in His timing you will, God willing, get to become a mom. Maybe He will want you to adopt and then have one of your own or maybe He wants you to just be paitient and keep trying. Have faith and remember we as women have all been through it. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment