Monday, March 08, 2010

Rash = Neglect???

This has been bothering me all weekend. We have some friends that we've become pretty close to over the past couple months. He and Ben were in the 623rd and deployed together. They've got a 5 month old little boy. Sweetest little thing ever! He's the one I usually get my baby fix from. That's another story though.


So Ben gets a call Friday evening from our friend. Someone had called the Commander and said that our friend was neglecting his son. How was he being neglected? He has a rash. He's had this rash pretty much since he was born. It's a combination of allergies and dry skin. Yeah sometimes it flares up, but it's gotten a whole lot better lately. They've got creams and everything for it, but it's really not something that just magically goes away. Anyone with kids knows that. The sad thing is we know this other couple that made this false report. I used to consider them fairly good friends. I really wish I knew their reasoning behind all this. Anyone who knows this couple, or even just meets them for 30 seconds, can tell how much they love this little boy. I mean really, is that the face of a daddy who neglects his son? It is quite the opposite. He loves that boy more than anything. Same with his momma. That boy is far from neglected. It is quite the opposite. He's more on the spoiled side. I wish there was more I could do to make all this go away for them. I guess they had someone show up at 1:30 am Sunday morning to check on the baby. Someone made an "anonymous" call to I guess it would be the equivalent of social services or child protective services. So they had to let this inspector person in to check out their house, check on the baby, and whatever else in the middle of the night. He's having so many problems out at work too. For example, they don't have a car right now and so he has to bike to and from work everyday. And mind you it's takes about 45 minutes to get there in the car. The 1st Sgt has said that the NCO's can't give the soldiers rides to work, even if they live next door to each other. Which in my mind is ridiculous. There's so much more going on out there too, it's just a mess. Makes me so glad Ben doesn't work there anymore, but at the same time makes me hurt for our friends who are having so many problems.
But anyway, my point is these guys are great. They love their son and are truly wonderful parents. We love hanging out with them. We have them over for dinner at least every other weekend, if not every weekend. They are fabulous. :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

LAME. I love how people are so judgmental when it comes to parenting. Mind your own beeswax!

Nanna said...

Is it eczema? I know eli had a rash that wouldnt go away, and we found out that he had a bad case of eczema. If that is the case its something that they are just gonna have to let him out grow hopefully. If they cant find any good eczema cream let me know and i will see if we cant get some sent. And we have had two diffrent times when child protection services were called on us for BS. Tell them to keep their chins up and pray things will get better love you guys.