Saturday, September 11, 2010

And We're Headed To...

NEW YORK!!! We finally found out where we'll be headed once we leave Japan! We're headed to Fort Drum, NY. For those that don't know, it's more Northern NY up towards the Canadian border. My first thought was "COLD!!!" but I think it will be a nice change. We always talk about how much we miss the snow, and I don't think there will be a shortage of it here. One website I looked at said the average snowfall is 81" each year. That's a lot of snow! I can just see the dogs going out to go potty and just falling through the snow because it's so deep. Haha! Anyway, that's not the only thing we look forward to. There's lots we want to go see while there. The Church History Sites in Palmyra are only about 2-3 hours away, NYC is about 6 hrs or so, DC is about 8 hrs. Plus all the other National historical sites and stuff to go see. They're all close enough that we can make weekend trips out of them, so that will be fun. The town right outside post (Watertown) has pretty much everything we need too- Walmart, Old Navy, Sonic, Dairy Queen, a decent mall... And if it's not there, it's probably in Syracuse which is about an hour and a half away. I can't wait! I'm ready to be back in the states. Japan is nice and it's been a good experience, but I'm ready to be back home. Granted New York isn't the closest place to Idaho, but we'll be back in the states. And that's what matters! :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats! Be sure to come and visit me when I go home to Toronto!

Sommer Family said...

NY sounds great! I think we should all meet up in DC. Hope it is just what you are wanting. You guys deserve a good place.

Holly said...

that's exciting!
We loved living in back East for the four years Roarke was in dental school...