Sunday, September 05, 2010
Still Here
I know, it's only been a few weeks since my last post, but it feels much longer. I've got lots to blog about, but don't feel like doing it right this moment. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week though. My brother heads home Wednesday (he ended up staying an extra 2 weeks) and Ben will be back to work this week, so I'll have the house to myself again by the end of the week. :) We're doing alright here though. Ben is mostly recovered from his surgery. He ended up getting a hematoma under one of his incisions, and that's been a bit painful but there really isn't much we can do for it. So it's just a matter of waiting for it to go away on it's own (or so we're told). We've been able to go out and do a few things with my brother, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. Between Ben recovering from his surgery, the house repair guys coming over every other day, and the horrible yen rate, things haven't exactly worked out as planned. That's life though, right?! But anyway those are all stories for another day. Let's see, what else is new... We still don't know where we'll be moving to in about 6 months. We're having issues with Branch (the ones who give the assignments out), but I think we're going to push for Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. The biggest reason for there is because of the hospital. With all the problems Ben's had, it would be nice to be somewhere with a decent hospital that has all the specialists we need. We'll keep you updated on that though. We're trying to find some time to sneak home for a couple weeks too. It may end up just being me, but we'll see. Ben could use a break from this place just as much as I can. Just gotta wait and see how things pan out first though. One last thought... I just started a new blog. Don't worry, I'm keeping this one too. The new one is strictly for my photography. My goal is to post a new photo every day. We'll see if it turns out how I want it to. The web address is: http://hulsephotography.blogspot.com. Feel free to check it out! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment