We spent a total of 9 days in the hotel before we were able to move into our house. They had empty houses when we got here (which kind of surprised me), so we were able to get in pretty quick. Most of our stuff from Japan was already here by then too.
The dogs had to spend the first 3 weeks in quarantine, per Hawaii law. We only got to visit them a couple times while they were there, which was depressing, but they were sure happy to come home.
They love the new car too. They have to really jump to get in it, but as you can tell by their smiles they don't mind much. Their behavior has been a lot better too. For those that missed it, the last week we were home they couldn't stand to be near each other. Smokey bit off part of Misty's ear, and they beat each other up pretty good. Ben got caught in the middle of one of their fights and we actually ended up in the ER on Easter. (No serious damage done and he's doing fine now). When we took them in to the vet to get their health certificates to come to Hawaii they were put on some medications for anxiety and aggression. They did help some while we were home, but we haven't needed them since we've been here. So that is good. It was just really weird as they have never acted like that before. And it was just towards each other, not the other dogs in the house. But anyway, they are doing good and seem to be enjoying it here too.
The weather has been kinda crazy since we've been here. Lots of thunderstorms and rain which is unusual (or so I'm told) for this time of year. And other than the fact that it causes the dogs to track the red mud through the house, I don't mind. The temperature has been pretty perfect. It's starting to get a bit warmer now, but nothing too unbearable as long as it's not muggy out. And when that happens I just stay inside with the a/c on. The rain makes for some awesome rainbows though.
Kaylin and I are doing well. She's getting bigger, and moves A LOT! I had another appointment Monday and everything is going fine. According to the scale at the office I've put on 4 lbs since my last appointment, but my scale here at home says I've only put on 2 maybe 3. I'll lean towards my scale at home. :) I had to do the glucose test a few weeks ago. My one hour test was slightly elevated, so I had to do the 3 hour test. I never heard back from the dr office saying there was a problem, and the midwife I saw the other day didn't even notice I'd had it done already, so I'm assuming everything was fine with it. She did say I'll have to do the 3 hour test again in 6 weeks or so to check for a late onset of gestational diabetes since I did it earlier than they usually do it. But that's what happens when you have a family history of diabetes and insulin resistance like I have. So overall things are good. I tire easily and have a hard time getting comfortable (especially at night), but it's all worth it, right?! And it's only a few more months...
Ben is doing about the same. Like I said in the beginning he's had lots of appointments. Unfortunately we haven't found anything that really helps with the pain. We talked to general surgery and the surgeon doesn't want to do surgery again. He doesn't think it will help, and would more than likely just make the problem worse. That's pretty much what we expected to hear from him. He did say he would give us the profile we need to start the med board though, just not at the first appointment. We go back Friday and will hopefully get it then. As soon as we get that they can start the med board. So hopefully we will have this whole process started by the end of the month. And as long as everything goes smoothly, we are looking at being out of the Army early next year (Jan/Feb time frame). Granted it's the military and things have a tendency to change in the blink of an eye. It's just one of those things we have to do step by step. In the meantime, we are trying different things with the pain clinic to see if we can find something that helps. The doctor ordered a few more tests and we're going to try some medical massage therapy. We'll see if that helps figure anything out. But that's where we are right now. Still doesn't feel like we've made much progress or really gotten any help period, but we have only been here a month. Hopefully we get something figured out soon. Even if it's just getting the med board started. I'll keep you updated though. :)

1 comment:
I'm glad things are looking good for you. I hope you are enjoying Hawii. Things are going well here. I'm so excited for you and Kaylin is such a pretty name. I can't wait to see her and you sometime!
Post a Comment