I can't believe how much my baby has grown in just the past month! She's getting so big and independent! We had her "9 Month" check up last week. (Yes I know, she's 10 months, but our doctor was gone for a couple months and where she's not having any problems we weren't too concerned about it.) She is up to 19 lbs 5 oz, and 30.3 inches long. She's put on 11 lbs and grown 10 inches in the past 10 months! Holy cow!
According to the charts, she is pretty tall for her age, but she is considered underweight. How she's underweight, I don't know. She loves her food!
She doesn't eat much baby food anymore. She's perfectly happy eating what ever mom and dad are eating. We're ok with that, and her doctor is ok with that, so we're not too worried. It's pretty funny when we go to Costco. If we get a sample of something and don't give her a bite first, she'll let us know she wants some too. She is very vocal about it. Some of her favorite foods right now are noodles (especially ramen noodles), biscuits/bread, ice cream, licorice (as seen in the picture above), and apple juice. We don't nurse much any more either. We'll nurse at bedtime, if she gets up in the middle of the night and occasionally at nap time, but that's about it. We're not really trying to ween, just kinda letting it happen naturally. And still no teeth yet. I want to say we're getting close, but I've been thinking that for a while. Our doctor said if she doesn't have any by 12 months to take her into a pediatric dentist and have them do xrays to make sure she has the buds there, but until then it's not too concerning. So we'll keep waiting.
She loves to play in the water. We got one of the little cheap pools from walmart and she loves it! She can splish and splash all she wants! She loves taking baths too, until you wash her hair. She does not like when you rinse the shampoo out of her hair. But other than that, it's ok. We take Daddy to the pool to do PT three times a week and you can tell she wants to go jump in with him. We still haven't gone to the community pool with her. Need to do that one of these days. I can't wait until we can play in Grandma and Grandpa's pool next summer!
One of her favorite games is Peek-A-Boo. She'll sit there and play with herself. Putting her blankie over her head, pulling it off, putting it back on. She'll catch us watching her and just get a huge ol' grin. She's so funny. She'll sit and read to herself too. I picked up some Sesame Street books at a yard sale a couple weekends ago, and she will just sit there on the floor or in her playpen and talk to herself as she flips through the pages. She's getting better about sitting still when I read to her too. She will sit on my lap and look at the pictures while I read, without trying to grab them (most of the time anyway). I just ordered a bunch of books from ebay. Some Disney princess books and a lot of Dr. Seuss books. I would be ok if she has the same love for reading that her daddy has.
She is a sneaky little thing! About two weeks ago she decided she doesn't need to crawl any more. It is now walking and running all over the house. Makes it a bit harder to keep her out of stuff. Her favorite places to play are: Mom and Dad's room (the nightstands are just the right height to pull everything off of), the bathroom (because that's where the bathtub is, the toilet seat is easy to open, the toilet paper is just the right height to unroll, and daddy hasn't put latches on the cupboards yet), the laundry room (that's where mommy moved the puppies' food and water to, and it echos in there), the kitchen (umm hello, that's where the food is!), and of course outside in the yard and at the park (what little kid doesn't like to play outside?!). She still likes to play with the shoes, although she doesn't eat them as much as she used to. I caught her the other day throwing my flip flops in the dryer. Silly girl!
She is still a happy girl with the cutest smile! I can't help but smile when she looks at me with those big blue eyes and gives me the sweetest smile. What a blessing she is to us! I love this little girl!

1 comment:
What a cutie! She is so beautiful and growing up so fast. I'm so glad all is going well and she is in love being you gorgeous girl! :-) Can't wait to meet her in person.
Post a Comment