Saturday, September 27, 2008
I Miss Walmart
I've decided one of the hardest parts of living overseas is not having a walmart. I went to do some grocery shopping today at the commissary. They don't have blue or purple jello. All I want to do is make a rainbow jello salad next week when I have the other spouses over for dinner. It can't be a rainbow with out blue and purple! And actually they only have like 5 different flavors of jello total. Walmart has like 20! Ok, maybe not that many, but you get the idea. So I guess it will be a fall colored jello salad with red, orange, yellow, and green. Then later I went down to the PX to get some batteries. I need a watch battery, and another one like that for a remote I have. Did they have them? Of course not! Although they do finally have the deodorant I like. It's the first time I've found it anywhere in Japan since we moved here. And even though I don't need it right now (I just bought some more a week or two ago-before they had the one I like) I bought one anyway. Knowing the PX here, they won't have it when I do need it. So yeah, I miss Walmart and being able to do all my shopping in one place. It drives me crazy having to drive all over post and off post over to the housing area just to get the things I need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear ya sister!! Living in a different country has its down falls...Do you have an APO? I do a lot of my shopping for American food and things online at Netgrocer.com I love it!! We have a hard time finding anything here that we like, peanut butter is hard to come by and when you find it, it is R$37,00 which is about $18.50 (for a small one), depending on the dollar. And don't get me started on refried beans...I could go on forever. I can not wait for a Commissary and a PX!! 8 more weeks :)
I felt like that at Gort Irwin-- I didn't want a day trip just to go to Wal mart
I'm typing one handed-- yeah it's fort irwin
Post a Comment