Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Italian Food Japanese Style

The past couple weeks I've been going to water aerobics with my friend Izzy, and then we usually go out for dinner afterwards. Last week we went out for Mongolian BBQ, and tonight we went for Italian. There is a little Italian place down the street from her apartment, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. The menu wasn't big, but it was fairly cheap. We ended up getting a pizza and some spaghetti to share. They were the perfect serving sizes.
The pizza was pretty plain. It had sauce, cheese, tomatoes, and basil. And it was on like a flat bread. It was really quite good.
The spaghetti was pretty good too. It had a garlic sauce, mushrooms, and uncured ham. I like my pasta cooked a bit longer, but it was still good.
Overall I give the restaurant an "A". It's some where I think I'll go back to. The service was great, the prices were decent, and overall it was just a nice little place.
We stopped at the little supermarket at the train station on the way home to grab some dessert. It's just about strawberry season, which I love! I love Japanese strawberries!

We also got some Hi-Chew candies (because they are the best candy ever!), a little cheesecake type thing, and some banana/whip creamed filled crepe type treats.
Everything was pretty yummy! I think it's been a successful dining night. :)

1 comment:

Sommer Family said...

Anytime you get what you thought you ordered it is a successful dining night.