Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Aloha!

There is lots to talk about, but I'm going to try and make this quick. It's been a busy day and I'm ready to sleep. We made it to Hawaii safe and sound yesterday. The flight was a bit bumpy at the end, but overall it was a good one. Today was full of appointments and in processing. We met with Ben's doctor, who will actually be his doctor the whole time we are here. Which is a good thing, we really like him. He ordered a whole bunch of tests, including an MRI for his shoulder, abdomen, and knee. So it's good to know they will address ALL his problems while here. We met with his case manager, who actually happens to be from Idaho Falls. We like her too, but I guess she'll only be our case manager for the first 30 days. It's kinda crazy how that all works. From what I understand the first 30 days is more of just an evaluation time, and after that they'll transfer him to an actual battalion. We will be here for at least a year. The whole med board process takes about a year, but I don't know how soon they will actually start all that. The plan is also to transition out after the med board. So we'll be done with the Army once we are done here. And they will help us with all the transitioning stuff. That way we have a plan once we do get out. We also met with our social worker this afternoon. He seems like a good guy, and will actually be our social worker the whole time we're here. We also met with the housing office this afternoon. We are officially on the list, which really isn't a list. They have open houses right now, so we should actually have a house by next week. We have to go back tomorrow and talk to another guy, but should have a house soon. Looks like it will only be a 2 bedroom, but we'll have to see what they have available exactly. Then we also went and saw the dogs this afternoon. They have to stay in the state quarantine until the 21st. Bummer for them (and us), but we should have a house by the time they are done. So that is pretty much all the big news for today. We've got more appointments throughout the week. I think this will be a good place though and we'll finally get the help for him that he needs. I'll do my best to keep this updated. I've got more just everyday stuff I could write about, but it's time for bed. I'll try to do that in the next few days though. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am happy that all is going well and you made it to Hawii safe and sound. Hopefully the pregnancy is still going well, I loved being pregnate...til the end when he was being stuborn and not coming. Oh, well it was still exciting. Keep updating me and I will keep you three :-) in my prayers.