Monday, September 01, 2008

"New" Car

Ok, so we've actually had the car for over 2 weeks now, but I just finally got around to taking some pics of it to post. It's a '91 Toyota Cresta, which is basically the Japanese version of the Camry. It's nothing spectacular, but gets me where I need to go. Plus we only had to pay $250 for it. Heck, the insurance and everything cost more than the car did. But hey, we have a car now. No more walking up and down the hill. (I still need to take pics or make a video of that just so y'all can see what we're talking about when we say "the hill")
There she is! I need to wash it. Maybe if tomorrow is nice like today was, I'll do it then.


Yes, the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. It would throw me off when we first got here, but now it throws me off to see the steering wheel on the left side. I joke with Ben that he'll have to do all the driving back in the states so I'm not driving on the wrong side of the road. =)

I think we mostly just payed for the stereo. It's got a fairly new radio/cd player in it. Definately worth more that what we payed for the car.

And there's the license plate. The kanji means "Sagamihara" which is the area we live in. The "500" is for the type of engine it has. The "Y" means we are American. Then the numbers are just numbers. I know, so much info in such a little space.

All in all though, I miss driving my sportage. This one is nice, but it's not my kia. I can't wait to go back to the states so I can drive my car again.

No comments: