Monday, September 01, 2008

Yokohama Baystars

Saturday night I got out of the house and went out with some friends. We went down to Yokohama and went to a baseball game. Probably wasn't the smartest idea since it had been raining off and on all day. The only reason we went was because my friends had company in town and they wanted to go. So we went. The weather was alright to start, but after about the 2nd inning it started pouring. So they called a rain delay and we sat there for about 45 minutes getting soaked. We had our umbrellas and everything, but they didn't really do much good. We were still sopping wet. At first we just sat there laughing. Not sure why, but we did. My friend's son didn't like getting wet though. He was mad and just screaming and crying. It was actually really cute. Anyway, we waited around for a little bit, but then decided to leave. We were wet, the kids weren't happy, and in all honesty I just wanted to get home and talk to my hubby. So it really wasn't worth the $18 for the ticket plus all the train tickets, but oh well. At least I got out of the house for a while.


It kinda reminded me of going to a Boise State Football game. Granted the football games are much better. (Yes I saw the BSU game over the weekend) The Japanese really get into the baseball games. I have no idea what they were saying while they were cheering, but they got into it. They even have young men who are "cheer leaders". Plus they have a "band". Ok, so it's just trumpets and a drum, but you get the idea. Once the rain started, right on que, everyone got out their ponchos and umbrellas. It was like one second everyone's enjoying the game, the next it's a sea of blue and white ponchos. I thought it was kinda funny. I think the best part though was as soon as they called the rain delay, the first song they played over the PA system was "Raindrops keep falling on my head..." You gotta love the Japanese!

No comments: