Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas!
I hope everyone has/had a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! We love and miss you all tons! Thank you for all the gifts, cards, emails, etc. It has been a rough holiday season for both Ben and I, and I will honestly admit that I'm glad it's over. With our anniversary, Thanksgiving and Christmas all within the past month or so, it hasn't been easy. I knew this would probably be the hardest part of the deployment, and I wasn't looking forward to it. But I some how made it through. I have been very blessed with some wonderful friends which made it all a little more bearable. I spent Christmas Eve at the branch president's home with some friends, and had Christmas dinner at my visiting teacher's home with some others from the branch and the missionaries. So I was taken care of. It's still not the same as being home with family or even here with my husband, but at least I wasn't alone. I came to a realization, I guess you could say, this year. Each year we talk about the Nativity Story, but we often don't talk about what happened in the Book of Mormon at the same time. Samuel the Lamanite prophesied of Christ's birth, and then the Nephites saw the signs. So it wasn't just in the Bible lands that people knew of Christ's birth, and I think we often overlook that. Or at least I do. So that has been a great reminder for me. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment