Friday, April 24, 2009

Say Hello To My Little Friend

I went shopping this afternoon with the sole intention of just buying some fish for my fish tank and some flowers for my yard. That's not all I came home with though...

I'm proud to introduce the newest member of our family... a Veiled Chameleon! I know, not what you thought, right?! For those who don't know, Ben and I had another one right after we got married (it was our family Christmas gift to ourselves our first Christmas). Well he passed away of unknown causes (unknown to us anyway) and we've been looking for another one ever since. I finally found one today! This one is a female (our first was a male), she's about 40 cm long, about 6 months old, and was born in the Ukraine. We decided to name her The Bandit (yes you have to include "The"). So now we have Misty, Smokey and The Bandit. (HAHAHA!) She is a very pretty green though, as you can kinda tell in the pic above. I'll try to get some more and post them tomorrow. But here's a couple more for now.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Loves him!

Amber said...

so the bandit is cute. are you going to be able to take her with you if you were to move?

Holly said...

I have fond and funny memories of your other one-- after all that's when Marcus Gengler introduced Ben as Brother Husley to the cub scouts...I couldn't stop laughing...and now it's our enduring way to refer to you both.