Monday, July 27, 2009

Seeing The Difference

Last August when Ben left I set out on a goal to lose 100 lbs before he got back. Well, that didn't happen. Losing a small 2 lbs a week isn't as easy as it sounds. I am excited to report that I have lost 25 though. That may or may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is huge for me. I've always had trouble losing weight, but no trouble putting it on. That is partly due to me having PCOS. But between exercising, changing my eating habits, and starting a medication for my PCOS, it has been amazing. I will admit, I've been a bit of a slacker the past few months when it comes to working out. I don't go to the gym nearly enough. But I haven't put any weight on in either. So I guess in a way it kinda balances itself out.
A before pic. This one was taken about a week before Ben left.
An after pic. This one was taken about 2 months ago.
It's so good to feel like I have partially achieved my goal. I feel better, I look better, and some certain things have become more "normal" meaning hopefully we're going to have some very exciting news to share in the near future. :)

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Gotta get that boy home first! ;) I hope it all happens quick!

You do look great, by the way!

Denise said...

You look amazing! Twenty-five pounds is a ton of weight and you should be totally proud of losing it. I also have been slacking off for the past few months but haven't gained anything. We need another YW fitness month.

J. Benson said...

Ashely,
I'm in the same boat, it's easy to put it on, but way harder to take it off. You do look real good. It's good for us to remember to take care of ourselves as well as others. I hope to hear exciting news from you soon too, that's fun. PS: I almost have your craft done, do you want me to ship it to Japan?

Andy said...

Good for you Ash...you always were beautiful but you are looking even better! I love that smile and hope to hear from you soon. Love you!

Sage Hanks said...

Congrats Ash! You look awesome! I am so proud of you. I have no willpower when it comes to working out. I hate and don't do it. Exciting news.... i hope it's what I am thinking.. it's worth it!